The authority to carry a concealed weapon is set forth in California Penal Code Sections 26150–26225. These sections state in part:
26155. (a) When a person applies for a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, the chief or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county may issue a license to that person upon proof of all of the following:
(1) The applicant is of good moral character.
(2) Good cause exists for issuance of the license.
(3) The applicant is a resident of that city.
(4) The applicant has completed a course of training as described in Section 26165.
*There is no state law that entitles a person to be issued a license to carry a concealed weapon.
All applicants who meet the following minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application for a license to carry a concealed weapon.
1. Must be a legal primary resident of the City of Corcoran.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Be of good moral character.
4. Provide in writing your reason for requesting the issuance of a Concealed Weapon License.
5. Provide 3 letters of reference.
6. Provide 1 passport photo with application.
7. Show proof of required handgun training (initial training requirement is 16 hours and includes a CCW Qualification Course of Fire
8. Withstand a vigorous background investigation.
9. Submit to being fingerprinted.
10. Must have no felony convictions. Misdemeanor convictions will be looked at on a case-by-case basis.
11. Must not be addicted to alcohol or any narcotic drug.
12. Must not have a history of mental illness.
A license to carry a concealed weapon is valid for up to two years from the date of issuance and may be renewed by the same issuing authority bi-annually after completion of the required four hour update training course in addition to the CCW Qualification Course of Fire.
The initial application for a two-year Standard CCW license is as follows:
· Rolling Fee $10.00
· State Fingerprint Processing $32.00
· FBI Fingerprint Processing $19.00
· Initial Firearms Eligibility Check $22.00
· Annual Firearms Eligibility Check $22.00
(After Live Scan Return- Final Processing Fee.)
· CCW Background Investigation Fee $100.00
· Total Fees: $ 205.00